19.5.09

small steps

For quite some time, I had problems with the DoubleMenuRequesters used by WordWorth. I am not sure, if I ever have noticed, that amigaOS has something like that ;). They appear, if you double click on a wrongly spelled word for example. Double click with the right mouse button. There is no way for me to catch such double clicks from AROS. I could setup my own DMRequester, but this will only appear and not give me any chance to jump into some callback and hand it over to amigaOS.

So I now measure the time between two menu pick events with no menu selection. If this time is quite short, I send two right mouse button clicks to the emulated environment. Seems to work.

But then, whenever such a !!=!(ยง"!! requester appeared, my window sync algorithm caused indefinite window cycling and I had no idea why for quite some time. The cause was,that as long as the requester was active, there were two layers, which had the same window pointer. Until then, I never got double entries in this list. After I ignored duplicates, it works as expected.

Small features are sometimes paid with a lot of time:

2 Comments:

Blogger Hardwired said...

Interesting... You're actually gonna make all the non AmigaOS compliant options for the programs in the bounty work!?!

That means more features will be available through other apps!

11:35 AM  
Blogger o1i said...

@Hardwired:

The DMRequest you can see in the screenshot is the original amigaOS3.x one. I would like to use the AROS one here (I have not tested, if it works at all), but there is no way to do that.

So far, no feature has been added to AROS for the bounty.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home